The Mirfield Word and The Spenborough Word Terms and Conditions
By placing or agreeing to an advert in The Mirfield and/or Spenborough Word Magazines, you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions.
Agreeing to an advert includes verbally or written communication including email.
1. Initial advertisement bookings are for a minimum of a three month period. The three month period will be charged monthly and not upfront unless otherwise discussed with the publisher. Artwork can be changed each and every month at no additional cost to the advertiser.
2. Advertisements must conform to the British Code of Advertising Practice and must accurately reflect the product and or service being advertised. Advertisements are subject to the publisher’s approval and must always be recognisable as such and not resemble editorial matter, unless otherwise agreed with the publisher.
3. All claims made in advertisements must be capable of being supported by appropriate evidence
4. Advertisements should be in line with Word Publication policies and ethos. As such certain types of advert and promotions are not permitted within the magazine.
5. The publication of an advertisement by the publisher does not constitute endorsement of the advertiser, its products or services.
6. Space reserved by an advertiser must be paid in full where the advertisement is not published due to an act or omission by the advertiser. This includes advert copy that arrives after publication deadline date. Should artwork not be received by the deadline date, we reserve the right to print the last known artwork on file.
7. Any changes to your ad must be communicated back to us before the date on the proof.
8. You will receive an invoice 5 working days prior to our print date. This must be paid prior to print unless otherwise agreed with the publisher. We reserve the right to charge a late payment fee of £15.00 should this condition not be met.
9. Cancellation – 7 working days is required to cancelling an advertisement, a charge of 50% of your advert price will be charged for late cancellations. All adverts shall be continuously re-booked month by month on an agreement plan of 3 months or more, unless otherwise cancelled prior to the final insertion via email and confirmed by the publisher via email or telephone. The re- run shall take place after the last insertion and will be charged via your last known payment method. Should this be a debit/credit card payment, our system will store this as a continuous card payment and you will be notified in writing and given the option to change this. Your payment will be taken on the date all invoices are due for that issue.
10. No part of Word Publications may be reproduced without prior permission.
11.The publisher will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by amendment, error, late publication or non-publication from any cause whatsoever.
12.The publisher will not accept liability for any error on the part of third parties or inaccurate copy instructions.
13.Neither the publisher or its contractors and sub-contractors shall be liable for any consequential loss arising from non-publication of advert or from any errors or omissions contained in published copy/advert.
14.Material which in the publisher’s opinion could be considered blasphemous, obscene or offensive to readers will be censored or omitted from the publication. Where possible you will be advised to supply alternative copy. Point 6 shall apply if new copy is not received by copy deadline date.